Thursday 2 January 2014

New Years Resolution - Craft and Graft


So I was thinking about New Years Resolutions as people often do on January the 1st and whilst writing them I thought it would be fun (and productive!) to draw them and share them with everyone. 
My theme this year is Craft and Graft - self explanatory.

1. Draw something EVERY SINGLE DAY. At least 1 thing, if not more. Doesn't even have to be exciting or elaborate so long as I can keep improving on my skills throughout the year.

2. Visit galleries. And lots of them! I missed out on so many great exhibitions last year because I didn't prioritise my time and spending so I'm going to map out which ones I want to visit this year and actually go!

3. Set up shop. It's time to actually get this show on the road. I've been crafting more and more recently and with this new incentive to create I think it's about time I shared my creations with the outer world. So this year I'll be setting up my own etsy/ebay shops.

4. Learn to converse. I would ideally love to be able to strike up a conversation with everyone in any language at any time, seems slightly impossible but using the Memrise and Duolingo apps I'll be trying my hardest to make that happen. 

5. Drink water and get my Yoga on. I started doing yoga last year but I've let my laziness take hold and haven't been exercising as much as I should. Well guess what! Now is the time. Plus water and exercise are just brilliant for making humans feel better and if I feel better I'm going to be much more proactive.

I want to look back on this blog at the end of 2014, and be able to smile to myself knowing that I have worked harder than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment